Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

Food Glorious Food [Sunday Social]

Sunday again! Although as it’s the summer holidays from school, it took me a while to realise that it was Sunday. I can see myself not knowing what day it is for the next 6 weeks. Today we’re talking about food. I love food. Nom nom nom. A quick disclaimer before we start; I cannot cook. People like to try and teach me but it’s got nowhere! When I was at university I burnt a lot of things. I once almost set my dads house on fire.

1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I like a lot of different things. My sweet tooth is screaming chocolate right now, but I think I’d go for pasta (because that includes lasagne right?)

2. What’s your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Chocolate. Or Ben and Jerry’s from the tub.

3. What’s the weirdest/craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I am not ambitious with food at all! I remember trying veal once, it was awful. That is the extent of my weird food.

4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
I really don’t like seafood. I can handle tuna from a tin, and fish fingers, but any other fish… No thank you!

5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
My mum used to make this pasta dish with a couple of eggs beaten in. I always had it when I was ill.

6. Share one of your favourite recipes and the story behind it.
As I said, I don’t cook so I’ve just chosen one of my favourite meals for you. It’s a dish called Pastel de Choclo (Corn Pie) and it’s something we eat in Chile. Delicious! It’s like a cottage pie but with sweetcorn instead of mash on the top.
Pastel_de_choclo
Source
You can find a recipe here (this one uses chicken, whereas we usually use minced beef).

That's all for this week. I'm off to microwave me a meal because all this food talk has made me hungry! Until next week - toodles!

Sunday Social

2 comments:

  1. Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey is my favorite. I am obsessed. I think I need to make a trip to the store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried that one, I don't think I've seen it in the UK. I'm always partial to a bit of Phish Food!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...