Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

If I Could Be Anything In the World… [52 Weeks…]

This sounds so simple to begin with but the more I thought, the more I struggled to finish the sentence. I feel like going down the career route is a little boring but right now it’s what I want to be.

I want to be an amazing SEN teacher.

From September I’ll have my very own class. I graduated from my teacher training last summer but I’ve been doing supply work for a year. As much as I am glad for this past year, and what a learning curve it has been (!), I am so excited for the year ahead. MY OWN CLASS! I’ll be in charge and they’ll be all mine! The difference is that it is an SEN class meaning I only have 7 children but they are all with special education needs. This is a completely new challenge for me. I’ve had SEN children in my classes before, but I’ve never had a class full. That being said, I am so excited to get started. I’ve been in the class a few times over the past few weeks and the kids are ecstatic too which means a lot because they don’t like change. Even my TA is looking forward to it.

So that brings me to my wish. As I said, it’s a new challenge but I am ready to take it head on. I’ve had a bit of negativity from the current teacher which has put me down a bit, but I am rising above it and I’m ready to become the best I can be. I’ll let you know how it goes!

What would you be if you could be anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...