Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Tales from Thailand: Bangkok

I’ve been back from my wonderful Thailand holiday for almost two weeks and it’s been straight back into work so I’m only getting around to telling you all about it now.

Of all the places we went, Bangkok was probably my least favourite place in Thailand, but it was still great.. It was so busy all of the time, just walking through a market was a nightmare. And the traffic! Absolutely manic. It took quite a while to get anywhere, but it wasn’t too bad as we could have a look around. In total we spent around 5 days there; 3 at the start and 2 at the end.

During our first full day we had a day of sightseeing and it was incredible. We took the water taxi to see a temple with the steepest steps I have ever seen. The walls were decorated with china plates and it was beautiful.

024
028
029
031
032
033
037
039
040
046
050
051
055
056

We also went to see the Grand Palace which was just a little away from the river. Although the current King doesn’t live there, it is used for official events. I couldn’t get over just how beautiful the buildings were. Can you imagine living there?!

061
062
069
070
071
072
076
077
098
105

This is still only the first day… Are you still with me?! My favourite way to get around was by Tuk Tuk – I love those things! In Bangkok they’ll take you around for really cheap, but the deal being they’ll take you to a tailors and a jewelers (they get fuel coupons if you stay for over 10 minutes). Will actually ended up buying a suit so it was all good actually. Our driver also took us to a smaller temple which was by a school.

124
125
130
134

And here’s that dreadful Bangkok traffic to end my first post. Come back tomorrow for more tales from Thailand.

140
141

2 comments:

  1. Bangkok was my FAVORITE place to visit. Thanks for the pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I really enjoyed it but just couldn't handle how busy it was. x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments you lovely bunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...